Welcome to our website. We hope you will find our site useful and easy to navigate.
Our ethos and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
SCHOOL ETHOS AND VALUES
To give every pupil the opportunity of realising their full potential through high quality teaching and learning opportunities.
‘Together we can make a difference.’
Through partnership The Hall School takes pride in nurturing and celebrating the development of children and their learning by providing a happy, caring and challenging environment.
The School promotes particularly, but not exclusively, the following character values in line with our focus on resilience:
|Manners||Self Reflection||Self Esteem||Adaptable|
We wish to:
• promote fairness and good standards of behaviour and discipline;
• encourage children to take a personal pride in themselves, their behaviour, their achievements and their own and other cultures;
• develop a reasoned set of attitudes;
• provide opportunities for spiritual, moral, social and cultural education, satisfying the needs of and providing equal opportunities for all;
• encourage care and respect for others, and to encourage pupils to take responsibility for themselves and their behaviour.
Specific Aims in Relation to:
• A commitment to standards, quality and performance;
• A commitment to teamwork, collaboration and shared responsibility;
• A commitment to change, target-setting for continuous improvement and delivery of expectations;
• A commitment to keeping up-to-date with research, current thinking and a connection with the wider educational environment covering best theory and practice;
• A commitment to make appropriate use of the knowledge, skills and expertise of human resources within the school and wider community;
• A commitment to provide opportunities for personal and professional development;
• A commitment to provide a supportive environment for all who work in the school;
• A commitment to develop a co-operative working relationship between all staff, governors, parents and the wider community, including local and central government agencies.
• Establish high standards and continuing progress;
• Work for continuous improvement to raise standards.
• Look after the fabric of the school;
• Make effective and appropriate use of the accommodation around the school;
• Provide an attractive, clean, safe, stimulating environment and high standard of display throughout the school;
• Ensure that all pupils have access to quality teaching in appropriately sized classes which are organised to maximise sound teaching/learning and which facilitate pupils’ easy access to a wide range of resources set within a tidy attractive environment;
• Share the financial resources of the school appropriately to ensure suitable, adequate resources which are well-organised and distributed.
School Values for Those Who Work in and With the School:
• We put children’s needs first.
• We are professional.
• We work as one team.
• We respect each other.
• We work for continuous improvement.